Terms & Conditions
- Simply Cookbooks™, hereinafter referred to as the Company, agrees to publish an original, custom cookbook in accordance with information furnished by the purchaser. The purchaser, hereinafter referred to as the Customer, agrees to furnish all recipes and custom material to be published in the Customer's cookbook.
- An order submitted online constitutes a binding contract between the Company and the Customer; no other statements or oral agreements are binding. Cancellation by the Customer after order is received will still hold the Customer responsible for any preparation and production cost incurred by the Company (see below under Payment). The Company reserves the right to accept or reject all orders or cancel any order already in production for just cause.
- The Company may modify these terms and conditions as needed. Changes will apply to any Users (those with an account who have not yet submitted an order), Customers, or Visitors (anyone who visits the site).
- To place an order, Customers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Payment can be made by Visa®, MasterCard®, or Discover®. The Customer's credit card will be charged when the order is placed. The Company does not accept cash, checks, or any other payment form.
- Prices are based on USA currency.
- The Customer agrees to pay all fees, shipping charges, and taxes, if applicable. Nebraska residents who are tax exempt must submit Nebraska Form 13 (PDF). Florida orders must submit Form DR-13 or DR-14.
- The Company reserves the right to change prices at its discretion. Changes will be posted on the web site, and Users and past Customers will be sent an e-mail notification (to e-mail provided with the account information).
- Once your order is received, we begin production immediately; therefore, changes and/or corrections cannot be made and orders cannot be canceled.
- The Customer must contact the Company within 7 days of receiving a credit card statement if he/she disputes any of the Company's charges, or such dispute will be deemed waived. If the Company does not receive payment from the Customer's credit card issuer, he/she agrees to pay all amounts due to the Company.
- The Company's normal production time is 10 BUSINESS DAYS.
- Business days are calculated from the day after the Company receives the Customer's completed order to the day the Customer's finished cookbooks are shipped. The Company is not in production on weekends, holidays, or during a two-week plant shut down in late December.
- The Company reserves the right to adjust production schedules due to heavy seasonal demands, shortages, strikes, or any other reasonable causes whatsoever.
- The Customer agrees to allow for shipping time after books leave the Company's plant. See Shipping below.
- The Company is not responsible for delays due to Internet problems beyond the Company's control.
- The Customer can choose from a variety of shipping methods with charges added to the order total. Use our Shipping Calculator for an estimate. For ground delivery, allow 3–5 business days for shipping time (for orders within the continental USA).
- Shipments to Alaska or Hawaii will be shipped via UPS ground; allow 5-10 business days for shipping time.
- Foreign orders, including APO, FPO, and USA territories, are not accepted.
- If order is returned to the Company because no one was available to receive the shipment, or if freight is rerouted, the Customer is liable for any additional freight charges. The Company is not responsible for delays in shipping or receipt of order due to strikes, shortages, heavy seasonal demand, or any other reasonable causes beyond the Company's control.
- Damage is the responsibility of the carrier. If necessary, the Company will help with a claim.
- Visible damage must be noted on the delivery receipt before signing and reported to the carrier immediately. The Customer MUST SAVE both the
damaged books and the carton(s) in which they were delivered for possible inspection.
- Concealed damage must be reported to the carrier within 7 days of receipt.
Errors, Corrections & Defects
- Material submitted inadequately by the Customer or inadequate final proofing by the Customer may result in errors that are not the Company's fault. The Company strongly recommends printing a cookbook hard copy for a final proofing. The Company advises a friend or committee member also review for potential errors. Make changes as needed before submitting the order. The Company cannot be held responsible for changes after the book order has been submitted. BOOK CONTENT CANNOT BE EDITED ONCE IT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED. After the Customer places an order, he/she will have 1 business day to contact the Company to cancel the order.
- The Company does not proof, edit, or change the Customer's content in any way. It is the Customer's responsibility to review the entire book content before submitting the order. The Customer is responsible for typos, grammar, unfinished text, or other text errors.
- The Company makes recommendations regarding best quality photos for cover and personal pages and does not alter any submitted photos. The Customer is responsible for resolution, clarity, and color management of all images. Enlarging an image will reduce resolution. The Company does not lighten photos to match what is seen on a backlit screen. To check image quality, the Company recommends printing the "Printable Version" of the cookbook. Any blurriness or quality issues will appear on the printout.
- Defects in books, not due to shipping damage, must be reported to the Company within 30 days. The Company reserves the right to repair, replace, or credit defective books.
- Because cookbooks are a custom-made product, they cannot be returned or refunded unless there are manufacturing defects or damage due to shipping. The Company reserves the right to repair, replace, or credit defective or damaged books. See Shipping above for information regarding damaged cookbooks.
- Defects in books, not due to shipping damage, must be reported to the Company within 30 days of ship date.
- Under no circumstances are books to be returned without the Company's written approval.
Releases & Indemnifications
- The Customer warrants that releases have been obtained to reproduce any and all copyrighted or trademarked material submitted for reproduction. If the Company suspects that copyrights or trademarks are being violated, the Company will place the order on hold until confirmation or signed release is provided by the Customer.
- The Customer may not submit for print any photos of another person without that person's permission.
- The Customer agrees to allow the Company to change any known trademarked recipe titles to an acceptable alternative, e.g., Red Lobster™ Biscuits to Cheesy Biscuits.
- The Company is not responsible for any loss or damages as a result of problems or technical malfunction of any software or hardware due to technical problems on the Internet, web site, or combination thereof.
- The Customer shall defend, indemnify, and hold the Company, its subsidiaries, and its authorized representatives harmless against all claims, suits, costs, damages, judgments, attorney fees, license fees, settlements, or expenses incurred, claimed, obtained, or sustained by third parties, whether for intellectual property infringement (including copyright and trademark infringement), dilution, misappropriation, or otherwise because of the manufacture, use, marketing, or sale of the cookbooks.
- The Company places a copyright notice on the title page of the Customer's cookbook to protect the Company's cover designs, divider sets, hint pages, recipe formats, and any other material designed or furnished by the Company. The Company makes no claim to the Customer's recipes, photos, or other Customer submitted material. The Customer agrees to not violate any copyrights or trademarks owned by the Company. This includes unauthorized use of the Simply Cookbooks™ name or logo or reprinting Customer cookbook by another company other than Simply Cookbooks™. The Customer agrees to all terms of the Company's Copyright & Trademark policy.
- The Customer agrees the Company has the right to maintain electronic cookbook files in order to fulfill any future reprints requested by the Customer.
- To reorder, log in to your account and click on "I need more books."
- The Company endeavors to keep the Customer's cookbooks as consistent as possible from one print run to another. Each reprint ordered may have slight differences in color and text flow. Any color variations are considered normal (not a manufacturing defect) and do not qualify for corrections or discounts.
- When a person creates an account, he/she will be asked to create a User Name. The Company will provide passwords, which may be changed by the User at any time. The User and group members are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the passwords. The User agrees to notify the Company immediately if there is any suspicion of unauthorized use of the account or access to the passwords. The User is solely responsible for any and all use of the account.
- The Company will use e-mail to communicate with Users, Customers, and any Visitor who requests information. In order to conduct business, Users, Customers, and Visitors consent to receive communications from the Company in an electronic form.
- From time to time, the Company will delete User accounts that are inactive. Prior to deletion, the User will receive an e-mail (to e-mail provided with the account information) or letter advising that the account will be terminated. The User will have a limited number of days to notify the Company to keep the account; otherwise, it will be deleted.
- As the Company continues to upgrade software and add/delete/modify cookbook features, minor changes may be made without notification to the User or Customer. If significant changes are made, the Company will take steps to notify the User or Customer.